When we think of looking under the hood of a hot rod, we often think of sleek chrome, pistons firing and an engine that roars. Similarly, we desperately want to know what’s under the hood of successful marketers and the engines that make them roar. To move from Fiat to Ferrari in the world of digital marketing takes more than some fancy machines. Let’s examine six pillars that take digital marketing into an entire customer experience. Go from slug bug to smokin'
- E-Commerce Platforms This where the customer buys. This how the customer gives you, the business, and money. Whether you are B2C or B2B, this channel cannot be ignored. The goal: Make it easy for people to do business with you.
- CRM This is customer relationship management. This is a fancy term for the ability to manage the customer relationship. Unfortunately, people often only manage it through to purchase. What about post-purchase? What about creating customers for life? The goal: Look at the entire customer lifecycle and focus on winning customers for life.
- Web Content Management This is the content that is served to the customer. Again, it does not matter what industry, vertical or sector you are in, delivering ‘valuable’ content at the right time in the buyer’s journey is essential. To do this, you must know your buyer’s persona. The Goal: Know who is looking at your website and when to deliver the most valuable content available.
- Marketing Automation This is where the company creates an on-going interaction with both sales team members and the customer. Ensuring the automation is effective is critical. How to do this? You must look at the entire customer lifecycle, identify personas accurately, make it easy and bring it all together in content that is fresh and on-purpose. The Goal: Bring it all together as described above and have an authentic conversation with the customer.
- Multi-Channel This is reviewing all the touch points including the four above and social media. This is where it all intersects. Ensure the conversation with customers is a two-way communication. Remember listening is more important than shouting from the rooftops.
- Finally, be sure to review your metrics and see what is working and what is not. Do more of what is working and throw away or rewrite what is not. Remember, what you measure gets done, so choose analytics that move your business forward. The Goal: To make money for the bottom line.
That’s under the hood. So, how do you take all this great technology and make it shine like that Ferrari talked about above? You begin the same way you eat an elephant—one bite at a time. You begin with one pillar and do it well. Then add the next, pretty soon you will have a fine oiled machine that not only sounds great but runs fast and hard. Integrating all these pillars is another story and often requires expertise beyond what is on-staff. Don’t be afraid to ask for help in this journey as you can move faster toward the Ferrari model by expanding the abilities of your team with outside resources. Go from slug bug to speedster and you will realize how a great customer experience can be woven through each system to convert sales faster and more efficiently.
If you would like more help or Implement Digital Marketing for your Business Contact Us Today.